This AUP is incorporated by reference in your Service Order with True Holdings, Inc. and your services may be suspended or terminated for violation of this AUP in accordance with the Master Services Agreement.
Capitalized terms used in this AUP shall have the meaning given in the Master Services Agreement.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to abuse (at) trueholdingsinc.com.
You may not use True Holdings, Inc’s network or Services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user of the True Holdings, Inc. or other network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization;
- Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other identifiers without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting);
- Collecting or using information without the consent of the owner of the information;
- Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information in an email or a newsgroup posting;
- Use of the service to distribute software that covertly gathers information about a user or covertly transmits information about the user;
- Use of the service for distribution of advertisement delivery software unless: (i) the user affirmatively consents to the download and installation of such software based on a clear and conspicuous notice of the nature of the software, and (ii) the software is easily removable by use of standard tools for such purpose included on major operating systems; (such as Microsoft’s “ad/remove” tool); or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the True Holdings, Inc. network or website, or True Holdings, Inc.’s employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS).
Bulk or Commercial Email
You must comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and other laws and regulations applicable to bulk or commercial email. In addition, you must obtain True Holdings, Inc.’s advance approval for any bulk email, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to True Holdings, Inc.’s reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive email from you via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for seeking consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the email address for which consent is given;
- You retain evidence of each recipient’s consent in a form that can be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and True Holdings, Inc.’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the email, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line; you honor revocations of consent within 48 hours, and you notify recipients that the revocation of their consent will be implemented in 48 hours;
- You must post an email address for complaints (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) in a conspicuous place on any website associated with the email, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your email in any manner. Your email must include the recipients email address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the email.; and
- You must not attempt to send any message to an email address if 3 consecutive delivery rejections have occurred and the time between the third rejection and the first rejection is longer than fifteen days.
These policies apply to messages sent using your True Holdings, Inc. service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site or an email address hosted via your True Holdings, Inc. service. In addition, you may not use a third party email service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers. These requirements apply to distribution lists prepared by third parties to the same extent as if the list were created by you.
True Holdings, Inc. may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, and may block the transmission of email that violates these provisions.
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a True Holdings, Inc. system or network or to breach True Holdings, Inc.’s security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without True Holdings, Inc.’s express written consent.
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your True Holdings, Inc. services.
You may not publish or transmit via True Holdings, Inc.’s network and equipment any content or links to any content that True Holdings, Inc. reasonably believes:
- Constitutes, fosters, or promotes child pornography or bestiality;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- infringes on another person’s copyright, trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to True Holdings, Inc.; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against True Holdings, Inc. by offended viewers.
Content “published or transmitted” via True Holdings, Inc.’s network or equipment includes Web content, email, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on the Internet.
You may not use True Holdings, Inc.’s network or equipment to download, publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any text, music, software, art, image, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
True Holdings, Inc. may terminate the service of copyright infringers.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the True Holdings, Inc. network.
You may only use IP addresses assigned to you by True Holdings, Inc. in connection with your True Holdings, Inc. services.
You agree that if the True Holdings, Inc. IP numbers assigned to your account are listed on Spamhaus, Spews, NJABL or other abuse databases, you will be in violation of this AUP, and True Holdings, Inc. may take reasonable action to protect its IP numbers, including suspension and/or termination of your service, regardless of whether the IP numbers were listed as a result of your actions.
Consequences of Violation of AUP
True Holdings, Inc. may charge you its hourly rate for AUP breach recovery (currently $500.00) plus the cost of equipment and material needed to (i) investigate or otherwise respond to any suspected violation of this AUP, (ii) remedy any harm caused to True Holdings, Inc. or any of its customers by the violation of this AUP, (iii) respond to complaints, including complaints under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, (iv) respond to subpoenas and other third party requests for information as described in the Master Services Agreement, and (v) have True Holdings, Inc.’s Internet Protocol numbers removed from any abuse database. No credit will be available under your True Holdings, Inc. Service Level Agreement for interruptions of service resulting from AUP violations. In the event of a violation we may report:
- to our respective service providers, agents and representatives, provided that such service providers, agents or representatives agree to confidentiality measures that are at least as stringent as those stated in the Master Services Agreement,
- to law enforcement or government agency if requested, or if either of us reasonably believes that the other’s conduct may violate applicable criminal law;
- as required by law; or
- in response to a subpoena or other compulsory legal process, provided that each of us agrees to give the other written notice of at least seven days prior to disclosing Confidential Information under this subsection (or prompt notice in advance of disclosure, if seven days advance notice is not reasonably feasible), unless the law forbids such notice.
You agree that we may publicly disclose that we are providing services to you and may include your name in promotional materials including press releases and on the True Holdings, Inc. Web site. Neither of us may publicly use the other party’s logo or other trade or service mark without permission.
You may not remove, modify or obscure any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices that appear on any software we provide for your use. Unless permitted by the terms of an open source software license, you may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any software we provide for your use except and to the extent that you are expressly permitted by applicable law to do this, and then following at least ten days advance written notice to us. In addition to the terms of our Agreement, your use of any Microsoft® software is governed by Microsoft’s license terms. If you resell any part of the IT Hosting Service that includes Microsoft software then you must include these Microsoft terms in a written agreement with your customers.
OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Each of us retains all right, title and interest in and to our respective trade secrets, inventions, copyrights and other intellectual property. Any intellectual property developed by True Holdings, Inc. during the performance of the Services shall belong to True Holdings, Inc. unless we have agreed with you in advance in writing that you shall have an interest in the intellectual property.
OWNERSHIP OF OTHER PROPERTY
You do not acquire any ownership interest in or right to possess the servers or other hardware we provide for your use, and you have no right of physical access to the hardware. We do not acquire any ownership interest in or right to the information you transmit to or from or store on your True Holdings, Inc. servers or other devices. On termination of the Agreement you must promptly release any Internet protocol numbers, addresses or address blocks assigned to you in connection with the Service (but not any URL or top level domain or domain name) and agree that we may take steps to change or remove any such IP addresses.